Tuesday, January 24, 2012

radiator redo

So we have these realllllly bad radiators, easy thing would be to pull them all out and sell them! But they work and actually provide us with heat (well, they would if it was cold, it's January and 60 degrees here!! Crazytown!!!) 
So.....they stay! but I couldn't get them clean to save my life (they've been around probably almost 100 years, because that's how long our home has been around) so they've seen alot, but these bad boys are UGLY!

What do you do when you can't get something clean or make it pretty? 



Cover it up!!!!

So, that's what I did...........


Fashioned some slipcovers for our radiators.


I used canvas drop cloths, you can find at the hardware store in the painting section 
This was quite a process and honestly I couldn't even explain what I really did, just made it up as I went along?






.........tadah!




This is the one I made for Emerson's  room, much better  :)









The are by no means perfect, but it works and we can still have heat! (if we need it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment