Wednesday, October 12, 2011

homemade wine

So.....my grandparents have a grapevine in their backyard, and have more grapes than they know what to do with. My Gammie and I decided to try our hand at some homemade wine. I found a recipe online, and we got to pickin'.


With our grapes picked and washed, I crushed them seed, hull and all in a food processor.......while Greg mixed the sugar, water and yeast





Here's the grape mash, sugar water and yeast mixture


We followed the recipe and added a small potato sliced up?  


And some steel cut oatmeal to top it off


We scooped the mixture into 2-3 gallon pickle jars, we borrowed from my Gammie


2 weeks in this is what we have, I have no idea if this is how it's supposed to look? We'll see 2 weeks left :)


Amazing note: it doesn't even smell like the tupperware that got lost in the back of the fridge that's full of who knows what from who knows when........

No comments:

Post a Comment